This topic contains information about the Retention Policy concept on Secure BlackBerry. Here you can learn about each option and how to apply the most suitable one to selected groups of Secure Blackberry users.
Remember that each subscription activation always has a retention policy associated with the selected subscription account.
The Retention Policy on Secure Blackberry defines the period to keep your emails stored in your Secure Email folders, including the inbox and outbox.
After the policy-defined period expires, all emails that fall into the applied policy rule are deleted from the server but are still stored on your device until you delete them manually. Of course, there is the option to never delete emails if you wish to.
The available email deletion periods are as follows:
- Remove Content 24h – auto-deletes all content in your mailbox older than 24 hours
- Remove Content 12h – auto-deletes all content in your mailbox older than 12 hours
- Remove Content 8h – auto-deletes all content in your mailbox older than 8 hours
- Remove Content 4h – auto-deletes all content in your mailbox older than 4 hours
- Do not remove – never auto-delete emails
Only administrative access in Secure Manager allows changes to the Retention Policies of end user accounts. It is usually the distributor / dealer who sets the Retention Policies.