Security Lock is a passcode, that is set right after signing in to the app and used to unlock the app and encrypt/decrypt its data (history and attachments). Therefore, it is required on every login and app unlock after a timeout, as well as after updating.
You can set a timer to your app so that it locks automatically after a certain period of inactivity. This is especially useful if you want to make sure no one can access your data.
By default, the app lock period is set to “Never” which means that the auto-lock feature is disabled. To activate it, you need to select a timeout interval. To do so:
- Go to Settings, in the Chat Security group, tap Lock Chat if idle for.
- Choose an interval between 1 and 60 minutes.
When the selected period expires, you will have to use your Security Lock passcode to unlock the app.
Instant (manual) app lock
In the case of an emergency, you can instantly lock the app. To do so, open the navigation drawer and tap Lock.
How to change Security Lock?
To change your Security Lock:
1. Go to Settings, in the Chat Security group, tap Change Security Lock.
2. Enter your current Security Lock and choose the type of the new one: PIN or Password.
3. Enter the new passcode and re-enter to confirm it.
4. Tap Set.